Check List for Appointments
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Heading to the doctor's office can be unnerving, even if you are not worried about a major illness.
Use this as a checklist for things you want to remember:
- Bring your insurance card, driver’s license or picture identification, and emergency contact information.
- Bring all medication bottles (prescription/over the counter medications/vitamins/mineral and herb supplements). Remember to keep an updated list handy in your wallet for doctor office visits and the hospital.
- Report allergies and immunizations. (flu, pneumonia, tetanus, etc.)
- Provide any information regarding your medical and surgical history and facilities where you have been treated or have had diagnostic studies completed.
- Compile a list of questions prior to the visit. Give a copy of the questions to your provider at the beginning of the office visit. Discuss your reasons for the visit and what symptoms you are experiencing. (dizziness, shortness of breath, loss of appetite, etc.)
- Discuss treatment plans and when to schedule your next follow-up appointment. Make sure you have your drug prescription, x-ray, lab and special testing orders when you leave the office.